Our warranty is valid without a mechanic sign-off or inspection.
It is important to understand that damages resulting from improper assembly are not covered by the warranty.
Commonly occurring mechanical issues due to improper assembly:
- failure to index your derailleur properly
- results in " derailleur failure, hanger failure, chain failure and/or damaged rear wheel"
- failure to adjust brake/rotor/calipers correctly
- results in "reduced stopping power, unseemly noise or grinding"
- failure to install crank arm or chainring properly
- results in "unseemly noise, increased wear on bottom bracket and potential damage to spindle or crank"
- failure to install headset and steerer correctly
- results in "wobbling or creaking and undue stress/increased wear on the headset construction"
- Failure to install front wheel correctly
- results in "wobbly or loose sensation while riding or braking"
- Failure to reinstall rear wheel correctly (rear wheel comes installed - applicable only in cases of rear wheel removal)
- results in "rear wheel falling off or undue stress and damage to rear dropouts"
If you self-assemble, you are operating your eBike under the pretense that the mechanical connections were installed/assembled safely and securely. Ride safely under the assumption of risk that all mechanical components have been checked thoroughly.
Take a look at our supplementary article here: Electric Bike Safety - Check Before Every Ride